This safari features the popular Northern Circuit game parks. Experience the best of Lake Manyara National Park, Southern Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Ngorongoro Crater and The Serengeti. Travel in custom designed 4x4 safari vehicles with open roofs for game viewing. This is a small group seat-in-vehicle safari with a maximum of 6 travelers per vehicle, all with window seats, traveling for 5 days.
Departure from Nairobi is on 23rd December and return is on 27th December 2018.
Cost per person sharing:
2 Pax - KShs 117,810/- or USD 1,155/-
4 Pax - KShs 90,270/- or USD 885/-
6 Pax - KShs 81,090/- or USD 795/-
Day 1: Leave Nairobi at 0700hrs in a comfortable Rosa minibus and drive for about 2 and a half hours to the Namanga border where you will clear with customs. Drive for 2 hours to Arusha with views of Mt. Meru and Kilimanjaro. Stopover in Arusha and switch to 4-wheel Land Cruisers. Drive to Lake Manyara National Park, which takes about 2 hours. After having a picnic lunch in Manyara, start a late afternoon game drive, which is the best time to view animals in this park. When you approach it from the East, Rift Valley escarpment looms on the horizon forming an impressive backdrop to the lake. In the tall trees of the ground water forest, monkeys leap from branch to branch, and on the escarpment, elephants stand in the shade. Other animals frequently seen here are zebras, impalas, monkeys, giraffes, buffalos, hippos and many more. Dinner and overnight stay at Highview Lodge.
Day 2: After breakfast, leave the hotel and drive through the Ngorongoro viewpoint. Drive to Nabi gate through the Serengeti Kopje. Venture into Serengeti’s wilderness for the rest of the day while game viewing in the park. With a picnic lunch beside you, leisurely explore this world heritage site, where earth’s largest concentration of plain game still roams free! In the late evening, end the day at Serengeti Safari Lodge for rest, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 3: Relax with a full day in the Serengeti with more game drives – unequaled for its beauty and home to the Great Wildebeest Migration. The huge herds of the plains such as wildebeest, zebra, and antelope dominate the park while the attendant predators such as lion and cheetah are to be found amongst the many kopjes scattered across the plain. Its landscape varies from open grass plains in the south, savanna with scattered acacia trees at the center, and hilly, wooded grassland to the north. In the afternoon, you could go for a swim (optional), then overnight at Serengeti Safari Lodge.
Day 4: After breakfast, drive to Ngorongoro Crater for a half day game drive inside the crater. This is undoubtedly the best place to see black rhinos in Tanzania as well as prides of lions that include the magnificent black mined males. There are lots of colorful flamingos and a variety of water birds. Other game that you may see include leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, other members of the antelope family, and small mammals. In the late afternoon drive to Highview Hotel.
Day 5: Depart from High View Hotel for Arusha and Nairobi.
Included in the price:
1. Meals on a full-board basis (breakfast, lunch & dinner) & accommodation while on safari
2. All game drive viewing in a custom built 4x4 Safari Land Cruiser
3. Transportation in 4x4 vehicles with viewing roofs
4. Professional English-speaking drivers/guides during the safari
5. Bottled water in safari vehicles
6. Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee
7. Government taxes and levies
8. 24-hour support during the safari
1. All park fees - KShs 5,000/- for East African residents (KShs 2,500/- for 5-16 years olds)
2. Yellow Fever jab (to be administered 10 days before departure)
3. Entry visa to Tanzania (free for East African residents)
4. Travel and health insurance
5. Gratuities to guides, hotel staff, and porters
6. Meals, drinks, and excursions not described in the itinerary
7. Any other items of a personal nature e.g. laundry, telephone and postage costs